By submitting materials, you agree, on behalf of yourself, your directors, officers, employees, affiliates, licensors, successors, assigns and any Nominee associated with your submission materials, to the following terms and conditions:
- Once received by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS), entry fees and submission materials will become the property of NATAS and will not be refundable or returnable in any circumstances. If paying your entry fee by check, you acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds in your account to cover your check. If your check is returned for insufficient funds, your submission will be deemed to be incomplete and you will be responsible to NATAS for any bank penalties or fees imposed on NATAS. NATAS will not return any physical submitted product such as submission video files, Blu-ray discs or DVDs.
- NATAS and/or any third party acting on behalf of NATAS will have the sole discretion to determine what constitutes an incomplete submission.
- Entries risk disqualification if they are incomplete. You acknowledge and agree that any decision by NATAS and/or any third party acting on behalf of NATAS with respect to the completeness or incompleteness of a submission shall be final and binding upon you. Incomplete submissions will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Not including submission video or in the case of New Approaches, a link to the submission.
- Not including the correct submission fee, failing to include the submission fee or writing a check without sufficient funds for the submission fee
- Not including any required essay explaining why the submission is Emmy®-worthy or other entry supporting documentation attachments, such as the segment sheet.
- Not including the required list of entrant team members.
- Not including the requested backup DVD for entries in the Outstanding Sports Documentary category.
- Any inclusion of submission materials that are deemed to be illegible, inaccurate or otherwise deficient, in the sole discretion of NATAS and/or any third party acting on behalf of NATAS.
- Once a submission is received by NATAS, it will be reviewed for completeness. All submissions that are not deemed incomplete will be further reviewed for eligibility. NATAS will, among other things, determine whether or not a submission is ineligible for the category for which it was submitted and whether or not the submission was submitted for the wrong category. The entrant of any submission deemed ineligible for a category will be notified by NATAS, and will be given an opportunity to respond. NATAS may recommend that a submission be moved to a different category from the one for which it was submitted. Any decision by NATAS with respect to category eligibility, placement of a submission in a different category or disqualification for incompleteness or any other reason will be final and binding.
- It is the submitter's express responsibility to ensure that any submission video or other materials that form part of your submission are fully authorized by rights owners and any other third parties that have rights in such materials. NATAS reserves the right to disqualify submissions, nominees or winners should NATAS determine, in its sole discretion, that these rights have not been secured. The submitter certifies that the entry material is free of encumbrances, and grants NATAS permission to use the material in conjunction with the Sports Emmy® Awards process, ceremony, telecast, promotion and publicity authorized by NATAS in all media.
- By sending in your submission you are not yet a nominee. For each category, there is a specific process that determines the nominees in each category. These nominees are announced in March at www.emmyonline.tv
- All submission video will be sent electronically to the Sports Emmy® Awards judges using DMDS (Digital Media Distribution System). The role of DMDS is to assist with the electronic distribution of submission video files to judges and members during voting.
- All categories will be reviewed at the end of each Sports Emmy® Awards cycle and are subject to change at any time at the discretion of NATAS.
- You acknowledge that as part of your submission you will provide personally identifiable information relating to you and/or other individuals ("Personal Information"). You hereby acknowledge that NATAS and/or any third party acting on behalf of NATAS may collect, use and disclose to third parties such Personal Information for the purpose of: (i) evaluating your submission; (ii) communicating with you regarding your submission; (iii) publicizing the Sports Emmy® Awards and Sports Emmy® Awards nominees; and (iv) conducting the Sports Emmy® Awards and related events. You hereby consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Information for such purposes. In the event that any Personal Information relates to any individual other than you, you hereby represent and warrant to NATAS that you have obtained the consent of any such individual so that you may grant the foregoing consent to NATAS on behalf of such individual.
- NATAS will not be responsible for any claims, liabilities or costs arising from: (i) lost, damaged, copied or stolen submission materials arising from any cause, including negligence of NATAS and/or any third party acting on behalf of NATAS; or (ii) any failure by NATAS and/or any third party acting on behalf of NATAS to give notices or to apply NATAS’s policies and procedures in a consistent manner. You hereby waive, and hereby release NATAS and all third parties acting on behalf of NATAS from any and all claims you may have in connection with any of the foregoing.